|Posted by osiris777 on May 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM|
UEFA's annual congress is to be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane on 24th May.
1. Join the demonstration outside the hotel (11am-4pm)
2. March from St. Pancras Station to Grosvenor House Hotel (12 noon)
3. If pushed for time, come for an hour when you can or from 2pm for the main events!
At a time when racism in sport is more visible and publicly denounced than ever, the European Football Association (UEFA) insists on including Israel as a member country (without including Palestine) whilst also awarding Israel rights to host the European Under-21 championships there in June this year.
While this provides an opportunity for Israel to portray itself in a positive light around Europe, this tournament is unlikely to expose the true situation in the region for football fans - where Palestinian children are regularly imprisoned, new Israeli settlements are built daily on Palestinian land and checkpoints prevent Palestinians from moving from home to work, school, university, or even the hospital (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYamviV7ZSY). It is no less than a state-condoned and state-conducted racism against a people. And as it stands UEFA, the English FA and FIFA are all complicit.
With less than two months to go until the start of the championships, we call for mass action from all Europeans to:
1. Warn participating footballers of their complicity in the Israeli occupation of Palestine. It is not too late for them to withdraw from the competition.
2. Tell the UEFA delegation, who are holding their Annual Congress in the Grosvenor Hotel on Park Lane on this day, that they do not represent us and should move the tournament to England (the FA has offered itself as reserve host)!
3. Let the world know of our disgust at UEFA's decisions
1. March at 12 midday from St Pancras station (main entrance) to the Grosvenor House hotel via companies complicit in the occupation
2. Join the rally at any time from 11am to 4pm outside the hotel
3. Unite with the mass gathering - from 2pm outside the hotel
Music - live and amplified
Footballs and goals
Follow @RCIRacism and the #RedCardIsraeliRacism hashtag on Twitter for updates
Email [email protected] or [email protected].org to get involved!
PLUS...a GREEN CARD social afterwards will provide the opportunity to assess, reflect, relax and have fun with a group of similarly passionate people.https://www.facebook.com/events/185317468288174/
Categories: Action Updates